Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Some unfair days of my life - Part 1


               Writing a blog after a very long time make me think a lot before doing it.Many questions  I ask to myself.Why am writing this? Why shouldn’t I write this? Who will read this? And the way I convince is just saying to myself “Its just a blog and not a court of judgement”.So lets groove to my latest experiences I came across in tirunelveli….
             I was there for at least a month with my grandma and relatives(about grandpa,ill tell).It all started with a phone call on Nov 15th at 3pm,when I was busy studying for my last exam of my life in engineering on 19th(OK,was seeing the book, happy?).Mom called and told me that my uncle in tirunelveli met with a serious accident,the one which happens frequently in  our country  – a two wheeler getting knocked down by a 4 wheeler or larger vehicles ending up fatally;same case for my uncle.She was literally crying while explaining the situation. I already being a poor learner was let down by this news with just 3 days for exam. And then I tried calling up dad and some other relatives in which many were very busy to respond  to me.At evening my dad called up ,”why don’t you come here and see your uncle for the last time?”.Me just stunned hearing it,cause my dad usually never asks me do any sort of thing during exam time,and I this is my last chance to get a first class degree(yep,already wasted 6 months).I  just to told him that ill decide and tell,total journey time of 24 hrs(up and down) and after again one exam,I was damn sure ill never write something in paper If don’t prepare.Then at night the matter was finally resolved by mom, she just asked me come after writing the exam.So exams over and landed on tirunelveli at 20th morning,where my relatives a where performing rituals for my uncle.
                So still you can ask why more than a month in tirunelveli?.My answer is  1.Our society/culture and 2.Grandpa grandpa go away.Yep,for the first point to be explained  we are not a set of people who when dies we just bury/burn them and leave the place.We are always thought to do some rituals for the dead,in tamil we used to tell “16am naal or 10am naal kaariyam”.And my family being a close relative to my uncle was help up for some days .At last I started to Chennai again(yes,I am not really doing useful in Chennai,u guessed right).To avoid more boring days till my judgement day – exam result,I went to thanjavur to meet my parents.Everyting was good,except for another phone call from grandma stating granpa’s condition is worsening,to add to this he was detected cancer just 3 months back, he’s 74.So wat’s our duty to do after a phone call like this?, start again to tirunelveli.
                                                                                                                     --To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment